Friday 10 April 2009

At the dinner table

At the dinner table...

(My mum laughs casually about an incident in her hairdressers.

New Girl: (In a Californian accent) Hi, are you Kate?

My Mum (Whos name is actually Christine): Yes

New Girl: (Enthusiastically) Ok, that's fine, just sit down here! Now, how do you like your hair at the minute? Is it too thick, too bouncy? What would you like me to do with it today!? *Beams*

My Mum: Mmmm, it's ok, I suppose, I don't know.


Another hairdresser meanwhile begins to stare at my mum and the new girl.


New Girl: Now what do you usually have done? I could do that orrrr, we could try something new and fresh and crazy!

Second Hairdresser: (Coughing) Erm, excuse me, I think that's Chris... she's Lulu's...client.


New Girl: (In total american highschool-like breakdown) OH-MY-GOD, I mean, just oh my god, I am-so-sorry! I didn't mean to steal you, I just thought, I mean you said your name was Kate!

My Mum: (Mimicly) Oh my god! What's your name?

New Girl: Oh, my names Autumn!

My Mum: Autumn Paxman? Autumn Paxman!

New Girl: Sorry? My names Autumn Wilding.

My Mum: (As she's taken away to Lulu) Autumn bloody Paxman! You were meant to marry my son! Why didn't you marry him?

New Girl: :o


As she laughs and drinks her water, I laugh too, because I get it. Autumn Paxman was some rich american girl I use to know, and my mum was obsessed about me seeing her so she could get some money.

The reason why I respect my mum, is because the girl she happened to play with unfortunately doesn't know the context of our lives. Chris will take an inside joke to the extent were she will cause a poor girl on her first day of work to go home and question both her life and identity, and that is why I like her. She is good)


...at the dinner table she talked, but I didn't say much.

No comments: